Solved

Using a timer/ stop watch with Time Cards

• 21 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2

Does anyone know of a configuration option (or an app that we can integrate with Acumatica) where users can record their time on a real time basis i.e. start and stop a timer when they are working on a specific task?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by ccleary 21 October 2020, 14:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You should be able to accomplish this with the start/stop pause/resume (2020r2) options in the appointments screen in the service module!

You can do it byline on an appointment or by appointment for all lines, depending on how you set it up. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

This can also be done via the mobile app

Userlevel 2

You should be able to accomplish this with the start/stop pause/resume (2020r2) options in the appointments screen in the service module!

You can do it byline on an appointment or by appointment for all lines, depending on how you set it up. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Our client doesn’t have the services module (or need it for any other functionality), so unfortunately I think we need to look at other options.

I built a customization project for time watch in the task, in the testing phase now.

Userlevel 2

That’s interesting FredZhou. Please do let me know about your progress.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@FredZhou and @ebevan - interested to know if you made satisfactory progress here? We use the projects module and I want to have a kiosk to collect time from the shop floor... There doesn't seem to be any native solution

Userlevel 1

We have need of a similar functionality (in the timecard and project screen). I am building a customization project right now. I’ll share anything we find out. If anyone has built a similar functionality, please let us know. 

All the best,

Paul

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all, we are about to kick off a customization effort to build an elegant solution that allows time to be captured to the project and task from either the myob app or a webpage. We need a full functional time capture interface for workshop team and it must be S.I.M.P.L.E 

I would love to see something built that would benefit all users of MYOBA or Acumatica. Users should be able to simply log time from the app, or a kiosk PC. It really should be integrated with the attributes modules so that project attributes can be updated from the same screen. It needs a 'clock in' , 'clock out' function and users should only be able to be signed into one project at a time. 

Will hopefully be able to share some good progress before long

Userlevel 4
Badge

Update: made some progress on this. Basically it has been done as mentioned above, we are tracking employee time activities from a kisosk type computer. Largely working well but we have a secondary challenge.... Approving time activities is very clunky and approvers have to jump between screens to be able to see whether a lunch break was taken or not

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There is also an idea that has been created for this:  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved