Solved

Search Cumulative Release Notes

• 17 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is there a way to search cumulative release notes for a given version of Acumatica (ie: all build release notes for 2020 R2 as an example)?  Prior to creating a support ticket, it would be nice to be able to search release notes for potential fixes in subsequent builds.  Currently it seems that I need to find each build for a version and then download, open and search through the PDF release notes.

Is the known issues list the one stop shopping source for any issues fixed in a build?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 17 February 2022, 18:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @kgartly83  You can get the cumulative Release Notes from the below site. Please find the screenshots for reference.

http://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=

Screenshots

builds.acumatica.com - /builds/ (acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

hi @kgartly83,

You can find all the release notes in the below site.

link for 2020R2

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you @Naveen B and @praveenpo this is helpful to find the individual build release notes in one place.  What would be nice is if Acumatica put these in a cumulative document so that one could open one document to scan or search for all build release notes for a version either grouped by build, or by module with the build the issue was fixed in.  It would make it much easier to scan prior to creating a support case. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @kgartly83  I Hope you are looking for this. Please check and confirm

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Naveen B  I did look at that file briefly but isn’t that just the initial release notes and not the cumulative release notes for all subsequent builds?

To provide a little more context, say a customer is on build 20.214.0030 and we encounter a bug in the Prepare Physical Inventory process.  Prior to creating a support case, if I wanted to check the release notes for everything after build 20.214.0030 to see if this issue was already fixed in a subsequent build, currently I would need to open and scan through each build’s release notes from 20.215.xxxx to 20.221.xxx correct?

What I was hoping for was to go to a webpage or pdf that had all the release notes for all builds in one place to make the search for fixes rather than having to download, open and search through multiple documents.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @kgartly83 

@Naveen B  I did look at that file briefly but isn’t that just the initial release notes and not the cumulative release notes for all subsequent builds?

To provide a little more context, say a customer is on build 20.214.0030 and we encounter a bug in the Prepare Physical Inventory process.  Prior to creating a support case, if I wanted to check the release notes for everything after build 20.214.0030 to see if this issue was already fixed in a subsequent build, currently I would need to open and scan through each build’s release notes from 20.215.xxxx to 20.221.xxx correct?

What I was hoping for was to go to a webpage or pdf that had all the release notes for all builds in one place to make the search for fixes rather than having to download, open and search through multiple documents.

Yes, that is correct.

I don’t think we have such a cumulative Release Notes document, we need to look into the specific build to check the release notes for that version..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kgartly83 , @Naveen B 

There is no cumulative release notes available. ‘Known issues’ page gives a consolidated list for each version. This list includes ‘most’ of the fixes and unresolved issues.

https://sso.acumatica.com/Main?ScreenId=KI2021R2&PageID=e031d402-f178-45d6-9cc2-43935dce41e4

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you @vkumar that is very helpful - I was wondering if all the items in the release notes for each build made it to this list or not, but I will take “most” as the best answer!  Much quicker than searching individual release notes.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved