Question

Same database for several Tenants?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone,

just need to clarify this with someone in the “know”...so my company has a Perpetual License for 10 Tenants., does this mean I need to have the tenants in the same database? and same server? 

Thanks in advance!
mrivera67

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello everyone,

just need to clarify this with someone in the “know”...so my company has a Perpetual License for 10 Tenants., does this mean I need to have the tenants in the same database? and same server? 

Thanks in advance!
mrivera67

Hi @mrivera67 

In Acumatica ERP, a single instance of the application can serve multiple tenants, which represent separate companies. When you create an application instance, you create at least one tenant. Multiple tenants can use the same application instance with each having completely isolated data. The application looks identical to all tenants, but each tenant has exclusive access to only its data.

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2015/10/branches-vs-tenants.html

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

...thanks for your reply...i only ask this because when I publish a customization project, it seems to be applying it to all the other tenants in the same database...and that is what I do not want to happen for obvious reasons… is there a work around for that?

Kind regards,

mrivera67

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mrivera67 

You can publish package with the production tenant,

Select the tenant which you need to Publish the package in the Customization project screen,

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

...Oh, why is that not enabled in my instance? is this for a particular kind/version of Acumatica only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mrivera67 

Are you admin login users to Publish package? I see Publish is also not enabled. Could you please check with the Access permission on this.

Customizer roles need to be assigned as well

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

yes, I have access to publishing rights...just discovered I have to tick the customization first...let me try this out first, thanks for your input manikantad18!

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi manikantad18, did some testing, unpublishing and then publishing using the multiple tenant option and it still just applies the customization to all of the tenants in the same database. why is that when i clearly indicated which tenants to apply it only to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hi manikantad18, did some testing, unpublishing and then publishing using the multiple tenant option and it still just applies the customization to all of the tenants in the same database. yes, is that?

Hi @manikantad18 

Please review once

Userlevel 2
Badge

...so this issue has not yet been fixed by Acumatica then...

Userlevel 2
Badge

...so going back to my main issue, if I have a license for 10 tenants, i should be able to create a separate database for each of these tenants and my license will allow that? or does my tenants need to be in the same database?

kind regards,

mrivera67

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved