Solved

How to increase standard length of combo field type for attributes

• 2 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Community,

I have used the segmented keys part of Acumatica to increase standard field lengths, but have not found a way to increase the standard length of a combo field for an attribute. It is set at 10 by default. Is there a way to increase this default to accept longer strings than 10? I am using 2022R1.  Thanks!

Patrick

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 2 March 2023, 18:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @patrickACA I believe you are talking about the value ID, and you would need to customize to achieve this. What about using the description field? I believe you can have as many as 250 characters

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @patrickACA 

Are you talking about the ValueID? If so, the standard out of the box is 10 characters. Anything else would be customized. It’s not the same as a regular numbering sequence, as it would need to be done through an actual customization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kandybeatty49 and @estebanperalta54 

We want to load sku numbers into the box but the length of some of our skus exceeds 10 characters. It sounds like this is a customization so unless it is an easy one we’ll probably just redo the attribute as a text field.

I think text would be a better option without a customization. 

Good Luck! 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have a similar situation wherein we need to increase the attribute description (not the id) length to accommodate product warning message. we are exploring a small customization to increase the length.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49 and @estebanperalta54 

We want to load sku numbers into the box but the length of some of our skus exceeds 10 characters. It sounds like this is a customization so unless it is an easy one we’ll probably just redo the attribute as a text field.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved