Solved

How to delete the created topic in this community?

• 29 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

There is a possibility that by mistake we can create a ticket with improper details, so Is there a way to edit the Title, Category and description or delete and re-create the topic with proper details?

Thanks, 

Vinay K

icon

Best answer by Irina 2 November 2020, 15:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello Vinay,

Community registered users can’t delete their posts, but they are able to edit the post for 1 hour after it was submitted. After that time, editing is prohibited.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello Irina, 

Thanks for response!

I understand it, but what if I want to update the description later sometime, for suppose I have created a ticket with full details of issue (without code snippet) and would like to share the sample code on the same ticket later some time when I’m free. I understand we can added it in the comments, but that does not looks good, if a user is reviewing the ticket to help then he need to scroll and read all the comments for the additional information and code that I will be sharing on the same ticket. 

I think we should have a provision to update the description with additional information at-least a day after it was submitted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I see, but the current setup and community platform settings only allow setting 60 minutes time frame to update your post.

So please add any additional info through the comments. This way it will also bring back your topic to the feed.

hi there , is there also any limitation to create new topic for users? I have been trying to create new topic since last week for developer forums, but it seems to be rejecting the creation. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MnM - There are spam engine limitations but that usually just means approval. Occasionally pasted pics/text from Word have problems. If you’re still having trouble, please let me know which forum category and what you’re trying to post. Thank you!

Hi @Irina , still now we cannot delete our posts? I need to remove one of my my posts immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@wanizaidi27 We cannot delete the post as we don’t have the permissions. You can reach out to @Chris Hackett  (Community Admin) to help on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks @Naveen Boga. I let @wanizaidi27 know I need to know what post of theirs they need to have deleted. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved