Question

Document Templates not saving data with error Cannot insert NULL

• 27 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When I try to modify an existing Document Template by adding an additional line, it will not save the data. The View and Type columns both will automatically be emptied to NULL whenever I tab through the columns and try to move on to the next line. See the attached video recording in DropBox https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qzhyhedkialv6g/acumatica_document_template_null.mp4?dl=0 as well as the screen shot. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

First you need to create your document then lines not in reverse order 

Userlevel 2
Badge

First you need to create your document then lines not in reverse order 

@aaghaei could you clarify what you mean exactly? My current process for using the document templates with Sales Orders is as follows:

1. Generate SO Document
  2. Select Customer data on Header
  3. Apply template to populate Detailed Lines
  4. Save

My current process for creating Document Templates is as follows:

1. Generate SO Document
  2. Manually add all Detailed Lines that I would like to have in my Document Template
  3. Save Document Template
  4. Manually inactive each Document Template Line that is not required 
  5. Save Template

The problem I am running into is related to manually adding a line to the Document Template. It seems like I have to start over at Step 1 of Creating Document Templates if I accidentally miss a line that needs to be on the template. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @variuxdavid were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Chris Hackett is it possible to find an answer from acumatica

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Chris Hackett and @raphrf I have submitted a support case to Acumatica on this one. I’ll let you know what I find out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Chris Hackett and @raphrf I have submitted a support case to Acumatica on this one. I’ll let you know what I find out. 

Document template is really not easy to use, it’s almost simpler to build an import scenario instead of use it. 
We cannot insert row, cannot import, we don’t know if we need to put the complete field name like “Service order type” or the “SrvOrdType”, the page isnt mapped in the Site map, Help dont help for this, ect. 

I think it would be due for a revamp

Userlevel 2
Badge

@raphrf  Yeah, I’m considering having my dev team make some enhancements to the feature. The biggest issue I want to solve at the moment is the ability to Import Document Templates. That would allow me to work around all of the UI hurdles. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved