Solved

Change the Opportunity Source list

• 2 November 2020
  • 10 replies

In the previous versions of Acumatica you could go into the Automation Steps to add values to the Source drop down on Opportunities.  There are no Opportunity StepID’s defined in 2020 R2 so how do you go about changing that drop down list?

icon

Best answer by FredZhou 11 February 2021, 00:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jslusher77 !  In 2020R2 you can utilize the new Workflow via customization to edit these values.

In the customization editor you can add the Opportunities screen, then expand it to lookup fields.

Click on Fields and then you’ll see it in the right pane where you can select Combo Box Values.

From here you can edit or add more.

Benjamin, thank you for this information.  I was able to add the values as you show above and publish the customization but the new values (although they are marked as active in the combo box values list) do not appear in the list when creating a new opportunity. Is there another step I need to take?  I see in the Workflow (under the fields) that the different workflow status for opportunities are listed do I need to do something there or under the Dialog Boxes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jslusher77 

Can you check which workflow is ‘Active’? 

Settings (field values) of ‘Active’ workflow should reflect on Opportunity screen.

Regards,

I only show the one workflow and it is active:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jslusher77! I would double check to make sure the Status field indicates the values have been Modified:

I would also make sure on the Workflow that you select for Source to Allow users to Modify the value and it should work:

@BenjaminCrisman 

Sorry for the delay, I am just getting back to being able to work on this again.  The new values show Active and the default workflow is the only one active:

Still when creating an opportunity the source list doesn’t include the new values:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jslusher77 , Try clicking on the workflow and click the associated status you want the Source to be seen in:

Then click the combo box values and it should be able to be added from here.

@BenjaminCrisman 

Just as you show above (highlighted in yellow and your last two items are not active) when I am on the Default Workflow I can open up the combo box values but the new values I added do not show active even though on the fields screen where they were setup they do show active.  How do I get them active for the workflow?

Here is the field screen showing them active.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @jslusher77, have you managed to make this work? Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce this on our demo instances.

Sometimes such issues could happen. Restart of the site and cleaning up CstDesigner and CstPublished folders for the site could help.

the same issue happened in my instance.

you can change this Check box on Dialog Boxed, that will works.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved