Question

Transfer Orders Not Completing

• 12 February 2024
  • 10 replies

We have transfer orders that are being consumed by another production order.  Each line is marked complete, but the transfer orders are not being moved into Completed status.

Can we simply cancel the Transfer Order after it’s done?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jstacey874 - need a little more detail - is it possible to provide screenshots? or more detail? 

Here’s a couple screenshot.  These lines each have a production order, which finished product is then used in production order from a sales order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jstacey874 - are you using MRP? I’m not sure of your question. Are you saying that you have a Sales Order that is linked to a Production order but you also have a Transfer order created for the items on the Sales Order too? (and you don’t need the Transfer order)? 

the transfer order is not linked to the sales order.  the transfer order contains a line for each material used to create a sort of subassembly for the product on the sales order.  We are not using MRP currently.

This process is for just one customer and that customer will be phased out shortly.  

We just want to get the old transfer orders closed or at least not open.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jstacey874 - I’ll move this over to the Distribution team to confirm but I think it’s ok to close the transfer order if all lines are ocomplete. 

Debbie - would love to close these transfer orders.  However, that option is greyed out.  It seems as the only option is to cancel them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jstacey874, can i send you some meeting date/times to walk through this together?

Dana

yes, please

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jstacey874 i emailed you some proposed meeting date/times for us to get together via Teams soon.

Dana

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jstacey874 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved