Question

sales posted to incorrect branch

• 21 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We have 2 branches and i had some sales that were recorded on to the wrong branch.. I reclassified them on the sales order but they are not showing up correctly on the sales profitability by salesperson and customer report. What else do i need to do to get them to show up correctly? 

I looked into the invoice payment as well but i am not able to reclassify those transactions :/

Help please! 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @stacy16 

Can you not Reclassify GL Batch on the Invoices and change the Branch? I know you said you did that on the Sales Order. 

Or you could reverse the payment, then correct the invoice and reapply a new payment. It may be messy, so I would suggest testing it first in a test tenant. 

Badge +18

Hello @stacy16 ,

How was the Sales Order Reclassified to a correct branch, and at what point in the fulfillment process was it reclassified? Do you mean the branch was updated on lines of Details tab and on Financial tab of  the Sales Order, before the Shipment was created?

I believe Reclassify GL Batch will only update the GL side.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 This is the message that pops up when i try to do that in the invoice

And when i hit OK the transactions that i need to change do not show up :/

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Laura02 they were reclassified at the end of the process.. after the payment has already been deposited.

How can i get it to show up correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 This is the message that pops up when i try to do that in the invoice

And when i hit OK the transactions that i need to change do not show up :/

Have you tried to reverse the payment first?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@kandybeatty49 no i have not.. that makes me nervous lol. what do i do after i reverse it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49 no i have not.. that makes me nervous lol. what do i do after i reverse it? 

Try to duplicate it in a test tenant. 

Reverse the payment, then reclassify the transactions and then reapply the payment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That did not work :/ It gives me warning that the cash account does not exist for that branch :/

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @stacy16 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Chris Hackett !

Unfortunately, i did not and Acumatica is looking into it. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved