Question

Record Serial Numbers for receiving batch at once using serial number of the box

• 30 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi

I have a requirement to record the serial numbers of a receiving batch at once using the serial number of the box/Cartoon.

Example : 

One box of items contains 100 units which has 100 serial numbers. Without opening the box and scanning them item by item, need to receive 100 items with the 100 serial numbers by scanning a serial number available for the box. 

The supplier provides the 100 serial numbers and the box serial number in excel before we receive the shipment. 

How is this possible in Acumatica?

Best Regards,

Dulanjana

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

We import all of a shipment’s serial numbers at once using an Excel spreadsheet provided by the manufacturer.  We use the Import Scenario in Acumatica.  Super easy, fast, and simple.  

Our products each have two serial numbers.  We use some code from GitHub that to capture the two serial numbers.  Greg Mercedes at Cloud 9 is our VAR that did all of this for us. It has worked perfectly. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hay,

I hope you have two serial numbers for one item and I believe you have used an attribute to enter the additional serial number when allocating the serial number. Is that the case?

I'm not sure how I can use this for my requirements. Would you be able to elaborate a bit more, please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dsenevirathne54 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved