Solved

Printing two invoice and copy of the invoice from the AR Invoice form

• 22 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

A client wants to print the AR Invoice and Copy of the Invoice at one push of the print button.

To achieve this I added a sub-report which AR Invoice form AR641000, on the report footer. The sub-report is the Copy Tax Invoice, both forms are supposed to print in A4 format. Page 1 (Original invoice prints well) but Page 2 (Copy Tax Invoice) prints all details but stuffs it in half the page. The sub-totals from the group footer are pushed up right close to the lines? Has anyone come across this? I have even increased the size of the sub-report but nothing works

icon

Best answer by YasasWithanage76 3 April 2024, 11:46

View original

9 replies

Badge +11

The weird behavior could be due to using the footer section, which usually has some properties set specifically for footer-type scenarios. I would suggest comparing the properties of the footer to a detail section and see if changing any of them resolve the issue.

Do you have a page break set on the footer?

Userlevel 3
Badge

As an alternative, might this work for your situation?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Andy Smith In this case its not an identical layout its rather two forms.

I’m trying to attach the report but that format is not supported

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ViweM were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @ViweM,

You can try the below instructions in the community article.

https://community.acumatica.com/report-designer-237/how-to-print-multiple-copies-in-the-report-designer-13424?tid=13424&fid=237

Try to add sub-reports in the group section instead of the footer.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ViweM were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Yes, I managed to get my sub-report in a group section and it worked

Userlevel 2
Badge

No I didn’t

Userlevel 2
Badge

No I didn’t

I thought I did until I figured that my report cuts on multiple pages.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I also have a customer who is moving from a bespoke system, which offers multi-part document output from an invoice print action, and needs the same functionality in Acumatica.

The suggestion offered by Irina’s community post titled ‘How to print multiple copies in the Report Designer’, is limited as it does not work well for report/forms with totaling sections such as invoices and credit memos.

https://community.acumatica.com/report-designer-237/how-to-print-multiple-copies-in-the-report-designer-13424?tid=13424&fid=237 

I recently replied to Irina this post with my experience of using this approach for the Sales Order Invoice form (SO.64.30.00) and it works expect for three issues one of which is highlighted at the beginning of this post by @darylbowman 

Also, I have seen other community posts around the same issue but there does not seem to be any clear solution using the Report Designer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved