Question

Non-Stock Kits with manually lotted components

• 23 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Does anyone else run into the issue of not being able to use non-stock kits because any component that has user-enterable lots cannot be added to a Non-stock Kit specification?

If so, what was your solution? This has been a huge pain point for us.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @courtneyb,

Can you send a screenshot of the error message you are getting.

Userlevel 2

hi @AndrewBGL ! Please see below.

Userlevel 3
Badge

A huge paint point for us at Villa & House.

Userlevel 1
Badge

We used to be able to do this, in fact we have a bunch of kits setup this way.  Now we can’t create more so I would agree that this is pain point.  Not sure which update “fixed” this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jon95 which release version was this working in for you?

Userlevel 1
Badge

To be honest - not sure exactly when it stopped working.  We are currently on 2022 R2 build 22.211.0034.  We have had some kits setup this way since we started with Acumatica in 2018.  That is as close as i can narrow it unfortunately.  I should note - we do not use these particular kits as a “sales kit” since there was historically availability calculation issues with Non-stock kits (components would not show demand).  We have a customization to use the kits as a shortcut to add items to sales orders instead.  

Userlevel 2

@Dana Moffat Do you think this is something we can get back in the near future? Or is this something you would recommend a customization for? I know it hits a bunch of different screens so it would be a pretty tough customization. We are just at a stand still with non-stock kits especially with Big Commerce because of this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@courtneyb let’s connect via Teams - i would like to hear more about this from you.  I’ll send you some proposed meetup date/times.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@courtneyb thanks for meeting today.

If there are others in the Community interested in meeting with me, please indicate here on the thread.

@jon95 ?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved