Solved

No approval record created in AP Bill

• 26 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have setup an approval process for PPV (purchase price variance) in AP Bills.  I’m testing this and no Approval record is getting created:

And the Bill is as follows:

No approval has been created even though there is a 500 PPV.  Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by MarciaW 11 November 2022, 12:12

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I notice the status of the Bill is “Open”, meaning it’s already released.

The timing of Acumatica approval process is such that it happens when the bill is removed from hold.

What happens if you put in a New Bill now, with your approval map activated?  The bill should start out on Hold status and if you remove Hold the status will become Pending Approval.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MarciaW 

Could you please set the below changes on the approval setting and see if the approval are coming in Bills and adjustment when the Bills is in balanced status.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

I notice the status of the Bill is “Open”, meaning it’s already released.

The timing of Acumatica approval process is such that it happens when the bill is removed from hold.

What happens if you put in a New Bill now, with your approval map activated?  The bill should start out on Hold status and if you remove Hold the status will become Pending Approval.

Hi Laura

This bill was created with the approval map activated.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MarciaW 

Could you please set the below changes on the approval setting and see if the approval are coming in Bills and adjustment when the Bills is in balanced status.

Thanks

Thanks this is useful.  When I change the field name to amount (as you have it), an approval is generated.  When I change it back to PO PPV Amount, no approval is generated even if there is a difference between my PO and AP values (which is what I’m trying to catch).  I might need to create a case to get some clarity here.

Badge +18

I wonder what the timing is on the PPV calculation itself.  I cannot see the aptran PO PPV Amount field you are using in the approval condition in my AP Bill screen. How can we tell whether PO PPV Amount is  populated on Bill Entry, or populated on release of the bill?

I’m looking in Help and there are hints, but I haven’t found a definite documentation of the Timing of PPV Calculation, when is this field in AP Tran populated? This timing will be key on whether the field can or cannot be successfully used as a trigger for the approval map.

If you have a local demo, you may be able to query the aptran table in SQL Server for an AP Bill on Hold status that has the non-zero purchase price variance, and see whether the amount is populated before release of AP Bill.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@MarciaW Any update on this. I am having the same issue. Looks like PPV doesn’t update until release which defeats the purpose of an approval process. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@MarciaW Any update on this. I am having the same issue. Looks like PPV doesn’t update until release which defeats the purpose of an approval process. 

Hi @Brian Rowerdink 

I logged this with support, and that is indeed the problem.  I have asked them to treat it as a bug and not a change request, because if the field is available on the approval map screen, it should work.  Definitely not all fields are available for approval maps, so the ones that are there should have some functionality relating to approvals.  PPV approval is crucial in an ERP system, so let’s hope it gets fixed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@MarciaW can you please DM me your case#?

Dana

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved