Solved

MRP Display repopulates processed line

• 25 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When we process the Transfer Order using the MRP Display screen, the line falls off immediately, but when we Regen the MRP, it comes back. Why does it come back when there is a Transfer Order in for it? The Transfer Order is from the Sales Order, which creates a Demand type, not a supply type. But shouldn’t that create a new line of demand on the MRP Display? It does not create a new line, it only brings back the same line we just selected and created the Transfer Order from. 

Is there a setting to get that line to stay off after transacting against it? Or is there a way to make MRP create a Transfer Order that would look like supply and link it to the Sales Order that it was processed for?

icon

Best answer by andrestamour43 25 October 2023, 17:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@bradmestach

MRP Display (AM400000) populates supply suggestions if it sees unsatisfied demand. The results you are seeing could indicate a couple of things, potentially the date of the transfer will not satisfy the demand, or MRP is not considering the created transfer as a supply plan to consider due to preferences.  

Are the previously created Transfer Orders appearing on the Exceptions form (AM403000)? 

Are the previously created Transfer Order appearing on Detail Inquiry (AM404000) for the item warehouse combination? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I see what you mean on the dates. 

In other words, what I am seeing is that the Promise date is marked for yesterday, and the Transfer Order that was entered is for today, therefore it is still showing as needed because that order is not satisfying the date?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@bradmestach, potentially if your grace period is set to 0. Do you have any exceptions on MRP Exceptions? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@andrestamour43 - Truth be told, I do not actually know how to handle the exceptions. But our grace period is set to 30.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@bradmestach, if grace period is set to 30 then that should rule out dates based on the information you have provided. That’s ok if you do not know how to handle the exceptions at this point, but knowing if there are exceptions related to this item on the MRP Exceptions (AM403000) would help solve this problem. Are you able to access the screen? 

Please see online help https://help.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=05634ed3-1a22-4751-960d-1782a9b08056 to become familiar with exception types. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@andrestamour43  - Yes I can see that screen, it is blank.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I would recommend logging a support case to investigate further. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@andrestamour43  Thank you, how would I go about logging a support case?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @bradmestach - That depends on your support program.  Please reach out to your partner of record to learn more about your support options.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved