Question

How do we add or remove required fields?

• 24 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do we add or remove required fields? For example, in the New Customer record the following are required fields denoted by an asterisk: 

Customer ID
Customer Status
Customer Class 
Account Name 
Country

As we only do buisness in the United States, I would like to remove the requirment for this field. Or default it to United States.

For Sales Quotes, we would like to make the Expiration Date a required field. 

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

*As we only do business in the United States, I would like to remove the requirement for this field. Or default it to United States. (spelling corrections)

Badge +18

Hello,

Country may be defaulted to US by adding Country = US to Company, Branch, Customer Classes, Vendor Classes, etc.

Default Country to Customers by adding Country to Customer Classes

Default Customer Classes to new customers by adding Default Customer Class to AR Preferences.

Default Customer ID to new customers by setting Customer ID to Auto-Number and defining Numbering Sequence in Numbering Sequence screen.

New Customer Status defaults to Active automatically.

Click (…) in lower corner, and Edit within 1 hour of posting, to edit typos in your posts. 😉

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jsudak,

You need to go to customization Editor and add the respective screen. i.e.Customers, Sales Quotes

Click on Screens → Fields section and select the Country field and click on Add and Close.

After above process you can able to view the country field in Fields section. Just Make it default and publish the customization. 

Similarly you can do for the Expiration date field by selecting Sales Quotes screen and make Expiration date field set to true in the Required field.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Laura02 - Got it. We have United States set as default at Customer CLass level. I am not sure why it is not populating on the Sales Quote in an Opportunity. 

I do not understand the Segmented Keys part of your answer, as this is beyond my level of training. 

Dipak Nilkanth - Customization Editor? I do not understand. I am at beginner knowledge level. Thank you, anyway. 

Badge +18

Hi,

To clarify what I showed in Segmented Keys:

Customer ID will always be a required field on a new customer. However we can configure the customer id to automatically populate itself on saving the customer record. If you want to automatically populate the customer ID, select ON the auto-number box in segmented keys screen.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Looks like I wasn’t clear in what I am trying to accomplish. In addition to defaulting some fields (like Country to always = United States), we would like to add additional required fields. In my example above, for Sales Quotes we would like to make the Expiration Date a required field. How do I do this? 

Thank you. 

Badge +11

I am at beginner knowledge level. Thank you, anyway. 

In my example above, for Sales Quotes we would like to make the Expiration Date a required field. How do I do this? ​​​​​​

This isn’t really a beginner task, but you should have access to someone, your VAR for example, that should be able to accomplish this for you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved