Solved

Colorado Retail Delivery Fee

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I may be a little late to the party here, but why would one Avalara connector in Shopify recognize this and calculate the $.27 and the calculations coming from Avalara through Acumatica not recognize this?

we can only ponder!  we get rounding errors all the time too, which you’d think couldn’t be possible if both systems are using the same tax engine.  

All the time. Boggles my mind. What makes this more complex is that it’s per invoice. Not per order. So if you have multiple shipments, each one needs to be charged the $.27. No one seemed to catch that part of this tax. and it needs to be itemized.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I set it up as directed. I noticed in your example the taxable amount was zero. Our client states that their tax report from Avalara was off because there is not taxable amount in the sales order. Do you have an explanation or fix for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes, it has to be a line on the sales order and not a tax.  And if order was authorized or paid with a credit card you just can’t add the line in Acumatica,

All of our Shopify SO’s sync via the connector as paid by CC or other means, and I can add a line with my automated process as long as the SO lands in OPEN status (which it does).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tell me more in regards to the Avalara report being off?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We would also like to know what the recommended solution would be for this capture.

Seems strange that the Commerce Connector wouldn’t consume all ‘Tax’ lines from Shopify.

Maybe we can use the <<AUTOMATIC» mapping in the connector?

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is how it is showing up on the report. Does it look correct?

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is being included in the total sales.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Nice, but it does not address the issue where customers are using Shopify, Big Commerce, or other Acumatica supported commerce platform.  The majority of commerce orders are authorized or captured with credit cards so the sales orders need to have the line item for the fee when imported from the commerce platforms.  Four13 kindly provided links for BC and Shopify. The Shopify solution is incorrect because it is not a tax, but a fee that needs to be a line item.

BigCommerce's solution: https://support.bigcommerce.com/s/blog-article/aAn4O000000GpC7SAK/colorado-retail-delivery-fee-rdf?language=en_US

Shopify's: https://community.shopify.com/c/announcements/colorado-retail-delivery-fee/m-p/1648531#M1225

Avalara seems to have a solution but I could not find a solution for the other tax providers supported by Acumatica because you need to have an account to access support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Nicole Ronchetti 

I’d like to follow this as well not only for Avalara but Vertex also. We have a few clients on Vertex that this will affect. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved