Solved

Colorado Retail Delivery Fee

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Nice, but it does not address the issue where customers are using Shopify, Big Commerce, or other Acumatica supported commerce platform.  The majority of commerce orders are authorized or captured with credit cards so the sales orders need to have the line item for the fee when imported from the commerce platforms.  Four13 kindly provided links for BC and Shopify. The Shopify solution is incorrect because it is not a tax, but a fee that needs to be a line item.

BigCommerce's solution: https://support.bigcommerce.com/s/blog-article/aAn4O000000GpC7SAK/colorado-retail-delivery-fee-rdf?language=en_US

Shopify's: https://community.shopify.com/c/announcements/colorado-retail-delivery-fee/m-p/1648531#M1225

Avalara seems to have a solution but I could not find a solution for the other tax providers supported by Acumatica because you need to have an account to access support.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We did a similar thing...although i have never really had faith in the “business event” functionality, so I created a GI that isolates the transactions (ship to = CO, Open Status, UDF is not checked), then I created an import scenario with the GI as the data provider that updates our SO with a non-stock item worth $0 (OF400000 category) on a new line, and I created a UDF checkbox that then gets checked as part of the Import Scenario so that I don’t pick this invoice back up in my GI the next go around...

I then schedule the Import Scenario to run every 5 minutes.  

The solution we came up with to automate this was to create a business event that triggers on the creation of the SO Invoice that runs an import scenario to add the $0 item with the tax category ID OF400000 to the invoice for all invoices that have a corresponding shipment record with the ship to state of “CO”. Once the the item is added by the import scenario the invoice is sent back to Avalara and Avalara return the $0.27 under the Tax ID ‘RETAIL DELIVERY FEE’ in the tax details.

Then per Colorado’s requirement to have this listed as a separate line on our invoices, since Acumatica is including this Retail Delivery Fee in the Tax Total and we don’t not include the tax details on our invoices, we updated our invoice reports to calculate the total tax and retail delivery fee using a subreport

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We would also like to know what the recommended solution would be for this capture.

Seems strange that the Commerce Connector wouldn’t consume all ‘Tax’ lines from Shopify.

Maybe we can use the <<AUTOMATIC» mapping in the connector?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I cant speak to that(we don’t do business in Colorado we use custom tax codes for special tax exemptions), I would just make sure that the line is showing with the correct tax code in Avatax.

As far as automating it I don’t think that is possible without a customization or at least I can’t think of a way. 

Userlevel 2

@markusray17  - Have you been able to get this to work with Avatax? I tested your suggestion with Avatax and the system did not add an additional tax charge. Is this because it is not in effect yet? 

Userlevel 2

@markusray17 - ok that helps. However, doing it this way would then require that users entering the orders need to remember to add the $0 item to the order in the case where its applicable no? 

Trying to find a way that this could be automated, and based on the suggestion I’m still not understanding how this could be accomplished without a customization or additional feature in the system. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You would just set up a tax category with a Tax Category ID of “OF400000” and apply it to a 0$ non-stock item. The tax category id gets sent to Avalara as the tax code. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Nicole Ronchetti 

I’d like to follow this as well not only for Avalara but Vertex also. We have a few clients on Vertex that this will affect. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved