Solved

Changing stock item to nonstock item

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to change an item from stock to non stock?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 29 September 2023, 18:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@nwork  I don’t think we have an option to convert the Stock Item to Non-Stock Item at screen level.

But we can do it with the below SQL Script. Also, I would recommend you to provide the script to Acumatica if you wanted to run in the SaaS enviornment.

Update InventoryItem set StkItem = 0 Where InventoryCD='AACOMPUT01'

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Please refer to the below article. This option is available from 2022 R2

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d03031ef-6fe6-47d4-9315-b79501cd10d5

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

This feature was delivered in the 22R2 release.  To find out more about it, please navigate to the link below for the Release Notes. The UI changes related to this new functionality do not appear if at least one of the following features is enabled on the Enable/Disable Features (CS100000) form: Manufacturing, Projects, Time Management, Service Management, and Payroll.

Dana

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Hannah Barnes and @Dana Moffat  I was not aware of this. Thanks a lot for sharing this info. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Note - there are settings that prevent it from being used.  Not just limitations on the item, but features enabled. 

Double checking in the Graph Extension to enable this feature:

public static bool IsActive()
=> PXAccess.FeatureInstalled<FeaturesSet.inventory>() &&
!PXAccess.FeatureInstalled<FeaturesSet.manufacturing>() &&
!PXAccess.FeatureInstalled<FeaturesSet.projectAccounting>() &&
!PXAccess.FeatureInstalled<FeaturesSet.timeReportingModule>() &&
!PXAccess.FeatureInstalled<FeaturesSet.serviceManagementModule>() &&
!PXAccess.FeatureInstalled<FeaturesSet.payrollModule>();

We have the Service Management module enabled, so we cannot use this feature. I am sure this will be updated as they test this feature and figure out the kinks in changing items. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved