Solved

Web Service Endpoints return empty body on one tenant

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am working on an API integration that stopped working. I have narrowed the problem down to - endpoints on one tenant return an empty body in the response.

I tested outside of my application using Insomnia to test results from endpoints. With everything equal other than the tenant, 5 different endpoints returned an empty body on one tenant, and worked as expected on another tenant in the same instance.

Someone else did install a customization package between when things were working and when things broke. So, I am suspicious that the cause may lie in that package.

I am relatively new to Acumatica. So, I don’t know where to begin looking. 
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

icon

Best answer by rcreasy 18 July 2023, 21:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I would go to that screen where your endpoint points to and see if there is any data there.

What is the HTTP status when you get the empty body?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I would go to that screen where your endpoint points to and see if there is any data there.

What is the HTTP status when you get the empty body?

@zfebert56 sorry, should have mentioned - 200
For testing I just look up a customer by CustomerID - The customer ID definitely exists, and I can access it on the screen.

Additionally, the customer list on the non-working tenant is a duplicate of the customer list on the working tenant.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

What happens if you try to get all customers, instead of filtering by CustomerID?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@zfebert56 It turns out that a configuration done by someone else caused the issue. That person corrected. But, I don’t know the details.

Thanks for reading my post and offering suggestions.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved