Solved

Oauth Logout question

• 25 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m a little confused with the OAuth logout method. I have the login/token method working, but once the token is issued and the api’s are finished do I need to post a logout? Or can I continue to use that token for subsequent calls. 

Also, if I need to logout, what do I pass? I see the methods in the videos about Postman, but I’m using Power Automate Desktop actions for the automation. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 25 August 2023, 23:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m not sure about the logout part but your token will only last for about an hour unless you refresh it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jamest you don’t need to logout unless you use api_concurrent access scope. 

If you have that scope, each new request can create a new user session, and in that case you need to log them out. 

As to what to pass to logout, you need to pass a cookie with SessionID to indicate what session you want to close.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got it. Thanks for the feedback. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved