New version of Default Endpoint - need your feedback

• 15 February 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello everyone! 

We are currently working on a new version of the Default REST API Endpoint and we’d like to hear from you. 

Are there any specific screens you’d like to see in the new version of the endpoint?

Are there any workflows you’d like to see supported? 

We’d be happy to hear your feedback and hopefully incorporate it into the new version of the endpoint to make it more convenient for you to integrate with Acumatica ERP via REST API.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dmitrii Naumov , hi Dmitry.

1. Bank Deposits would be a good addition - screen CA305000.
  1. Some calculated values are not supported OOB (i.e. Available Balance for AR Payments) - it would be nice to have those available.

Thank you for seeking feedback on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yuri Karpenko 

Thanks for your reply. For bank deposits though, could you please clarify what business process requires integration with the Bank Deposits?

As for the calculated fields, that usually affects performance of the API heavily. So, I’m not sure if we will do that. We’ll see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Dmitrii Naumov ,

Sure, Bank Deposits are useful for when we want to bring payout details from custom e-commerce solutions. This allows to create the Deposits, and then reconcile them with payments already in the system.

Thank you for consideration!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Yuri Karpenko can you use a Cash Transfer for that? Or do you specifically need a Payment References in this document instead of just lumpsum amount? If so, why? Could you please clarify that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dmitrii Naumov , when Shopify (for example) sends funds to the client’s bank account, we want to create that transaction in Acumatica (Bank Deposits) and then check if we’re in agreement with the payments received from Shopify for the recent period. Fund transfers are different since they are based on what we already have in Acumatica, and do not require reconciliation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Yuri Dorovskikh please forgive me my ignorance, but I’m still not able to understand the scenario properly.

Does Shopify send the list of specific payment references when deposits the funds to the client’s bank account? Or is it just an amount of money sent? How do you determine which payments were deposited in that case?

Also, in terms of GL impact or Cash Account balances impact, the Bank Deposit and Fund Transfer are pretty much equivalent. So, I don’t see a difference here (except for the fact that the specific payments will have the reference to the deposit document of course).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dmitrii Naumov , no worries.

Yes, Shopify does send the list of specific payment references. Not to the bank, but in their API. So we consume that data and create a Bank Deposit in Acumatica.

The only reason I’ve brought this us, is because we have customized Acumatica to expose that screen to the Web Endpoint, but it would be nice to have that done out of the box.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Yuri Karpenko  thanks, we’ll include the Bank Deposits

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dmitrii Naumov , sounds good! Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Dmitrii Naumov , no worries.

Yes, Shopify does send the list of specific payment references. Not to the bank, but in their API. So we consume that data and create a Bank Deposit in Acumatica.

The only reason I’ve brought this us, is because we have customized Acumatica to expose that screen to the Web Endpoint, but it would be nice to have that done out of the box.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Yuri Karpenko 

I’m currently trying to do exactly what you're mentioning here.

However, I’m stuck with how to configure the endpoint to allow adding the payment details.

I am developing for MYOB Advanced which lags behind Acumatica in terms of updates, so we still don’t have the Bank Deposits included in the default endpoint. 

If you could maybe share a screen shot of how to set it up that would be super helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@matthewgerdan , I think the easiest way to achieve this will be to follow steps outlined in this help article: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c450492e-06fe-4563-95c3-efa76975415b

After you have a new endpoint created, follow the steps outlined in this article: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=709351cc-566a-47b3-b153-3a9fdd690ce0 (section To Add a Top-Level Entity to the Contract of the Endpoint).

Let me know if you have any questions, will be happy to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko, Thanks for replying, I’ve tried these and I’m still coming up short. I’ve got the header and the charges detail working but it's the payments I’m struggling with, I’ve created a new topic for this Bank Deposit REST API. How to add payments? | Community (acumatica.com) if you could have a look, I’d really appreciate it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Dmitrii Naumov 
AP Payments (AP302000)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Dmitrii Naumov 

We are interested in suggesting some additional features to be included in the API, which we plan to execute using Postman. While we understand that these suggestions might be considered for future versions of the default endpoint, we believe that including the following points would enhance the overall functionality.

1. Get the total count of records while we are fetching data from Acumatica system.
  2. Get the “Data Type” of any field while getting the Schema of any object which is present in the Acumatica system.
  3. Fetch all inner nodes rather than specifying all of them in the “$exapnd” param.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@clancour AP Payments screen is already in the endpoint (see Check entity)

@sagar07 

1. I’ve heard this once or twice before, but I’m not sure how big the demand is. I’d recommend you to post it separately as idea and describe the use cases. We’ll see if there is traction from the community.
  2. I think it already works this way, doesn’t it? When you retrieve endpoint schema, it has type specified as StringValue, DecimalValue, etc. If you retrieve $adHocSchema or OData metadata, it also has the data type specified. So, I’m not sure what specifically you’d like to change here.
  3. We are not going to do that for performance reasons. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved