Solved

Issue Extending Web Service for Stock Item Inventory Related Items

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am working with a dev team and they are connecting a website to Acumatica.  We are trying to get to the Related Items data on a Stock Items.

I created a new endpoint named RelatedItems.  I have created other endpoints this way and they have worked, but the dev team is reporting this one is not working.  What is different about this one?

Testing this in Postman generates an error.  

I also had the dev team try the web service on the screen

I created a new endpoint named RelatedItems.  I have created other endpoints this way and they have worked, but the dev team is reporting this one is not working.  What is different about this one?

Web Service for RelatedItems

Fields that are available for RelatedItems

The web service attached to the Related Items screen also generates an error when called.

This is from the Web Services Link on the Acumatica Related Items screen

icon

Best answer by Troy Vars 8 December 2023, 19:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Keep in mind there is extending an Endpoint and extending an Entity. These are related actions. 

Typically I will extended the default endpoint to create a copy of Default that I will call Default Ext.

I would then extend the Stock Item Entity to include the related entity similar to what see for boxes and Replenishment parameters.

You then need to update your url for your put, get, post etc. to include the 

baseurl + ‘/entity/Default/22.200.001/Employee?’ is updated to

baseurl + ‘/entity/DefaultExt/22.200.003/Employee?’ 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Resolved...thank you Troy, I was going the about this the wrong way.  I was able to extend as you suggested, and it is now working. Appreciate the guidance.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved