Solved

Inventory Adjustment asking for ReceiptNbr using RESTAPI

• 10 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I am new to Acumatica and I am facing this same issue when integrating with service using the web service endpoints, for the Inventory Adjustment.

So, a service that should call this api end point only has the inventory id and how much qty with a reason code, and no other data.

So when looking at how Acumatica does the process of inventory Adjustments, I was confused with the ReceiptNbr.

When testing the service on my local instance using Postman:

this request works but I don’t know how can I find this value when sending the put request.

How will my api call determine which ReceiptNbr to use for a specific InventoryID, cause if I don’t put this I get an error:

error I am getting when not putting the receiptNbr in my put end-point

So, I would love if someone already faced this issue and can tell me what solution they implemented.

Or is there something I am missing so I don’t have to put ReceiptNbr in the request, and how Acumatica can figure it out?

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 10 February 2023, 18:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’ve just run into something similar and we believe it may relate to FIFO/LIFO costing where it needs the receipt number to identify the appropriate cost layer to adjust from

I think with average costing you might have better luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdeol 

Actually adjustments will not normally ask for Receipt number.

Is that a lot serial product?  If yes, can you check with normal product?

And also, can you please check any customization included on this screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jdeol what are you actually trying to do?

If you are trying to reduce/increase qty of some item, the proper way would be to use InvetoryIssue or InventoryReceipt instead of InventoryAdjustment. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jinin ,

I am still getting the same error:

I think it is because there is something that is linking b/w the inventoryID and the receipt (when it came into inventory),

for example even on my local instance I will put try to add an adjustment manually like

adding just and inventory item
the error message shows :
'Receipt Nbr.' cannot be empty.

Is there something on the preference page I can change that automatically calculates the ‘ReceiptNbr.’ when I just add inventoryID, qty and WarehouseID?   So I don;t have to include it in the body of the API call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdeol 

Please try with the below sample,

Url -Instanceurl /entity/Default/20.200.001/InventoryAdjustment
Method -PUT

{
"Details": [
{
"InventoryID": {
"value": "AALEGO500"
},
"LocationID": {
"value": "R1S1"
},
"Qty": {
"value": 5.000000
},
"WarehouseID": {
"value": "WHOLESALE"
}
}
]
}

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved