Solved

Creating Purchase order through API

• 7 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi team

Im creating PO through API in old tenenat i was creating only skeleton of PO with no line items and it still defaulting to on hold status but now when we changed the to new tenant the PO will default to “Closed” how can i change that 

here is the PO 

• Instaed of defaulting to Closed if i don’t have items mapped i want it to be defaulted to “Open” OR “On-Hold”

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Driss 10 February 2024, 14:43

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does the same thing happen when using the GUI?

Userlevel 3
Badge

You could just force the PO on hold in your API call when you create it:

{

"Type":{"value":"Normal"},

"ReferenceNbr":{"value":"1"},

"Hold":{"value":"True"},

"VendorID":{"value":"AAVENDOR"},

"Description":{"value":"TestPO"},

"Date":{"value":"2023/03/27"}

}

Userlevel 3
Badge

@keithschm I created manuanly and same thing it defaulting to “Closed”

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 Yes i just tested it and it still creating PO with closed status

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 Yes i just tested it and it still creating PO with closed status

What version are you testing on?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 This right?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 This right?

I’m on 23.112 and it is working. What version of the endpoint are you using?
http://localhost/2023R1/entity/Default/22.200.001/PurchaseOrder

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 I see , same endpoint version can you try and create PO with no item in GUI and see if it will default to “Open” Or “onHold”

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Driss When I create it manually with no item in the GUI then it still saves on hold. Do you have any customization on that screen?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 Thank you for the confirmation, so i guess that will be a version thing i will check and let you know thank you so much

Userlevel 3
Badge

@frederickodendaal77 Hi- No luck about that what i did i created a dummy item with that Purchase Order just to prevent closed status and once i add all line to it i deleted that dummy item as i give line number of “989” 

Thank you so much for your help

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved