Solved

API to find "Sales Quote" within the sales order

Hi I am new to Acumatica. I would like to know how to pull all the Sales Quotes using the postman. 

If someone can provide a API signature i would be greatful.

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 17 August 2023, 15:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chvakhil,

Default endpoint doesn’t have SalesQuote mapped, so you need to extend the default endpoint and map the entities. For more details refer the discussion, 

Please feel free to post if you have any question. Good Luck.!

Hi Vignesh,

thanks a lot for providing the link. Actually I have seen it and the screen/steps shown there are little different than what I am seeing at my end. 
I cannot see Quote Summary and cannot add the fields. 
It will be very helpful to provide a latest steps documentation and a little guidance is much appreciated. 

If there is a YouTube link I can refer also can help. 

thanks a lott

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chvakhil,

Can you please share more details and screenshot of your setup?

• Are you using Acumatica 23R1? I see Quote Summary object available?
  • Are you extending the Default 22.200.001 endpoint?

Thanks,

Hi, 

1. I am using Acumatica 2022 R2.
  2. I can see the sales Quotes inside the Sales Order Listing → Open Sales Quote.
  1. Yes i am trying to extend Default 22.200.001 endpoint

@Vignesh Ponnusamy - Can you please provide some inputs ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@chvakhil, there are multiple resources online on how to work with APIs Extend an endpoint to add new entity for a screen.

Extending Contract-Based API Default Endpoint - Acumatica Developers Blog

Extending Acumatica Web Service Endpoints | Acumatica Cloud ERP

Also, @Vignesh Ponnusamy’s post in the link above explains the concept clearly.

If there is a YouTube link I can refer also can help. 

You could refer to this training video for additional help. https://youtu.be/WZjlfsN6aew?t=1790

I would suggest taking I series training to learn more on the APIs: Web Services (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@chvakhil, From the Screenshot, I thinking you are discussing about Generic Inquiry. 

Can you please export and share the GI? Below are the steps to export GI,

Thanks,

Thanks For the Info. We are now able to fetch the Sales Order using Extended API.

@Vignesh Ponnusamy - Can you also help me with this requirement pelase?

As per the client requirement we have some custom user defined fields within the entities. 

I am providing all the details i have with me on this so that you can help me out.

User Defined Custom Field showing on the UI:

Element Properties:

I have found the properties of this element from Customization -> Inspect Element

Requirement:

I would like to know the API signature on how to access this type of fields from RESP APIs.

Note:

As we have client deliverables, i would really appreciate a quick response. 

Acumatica Version: 22R2

Endpoint Version: 22.200.001

Thanks & Regards,

Akhil Chakicherla 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@chvakhil ,

First, please mark the provided answer to your question as *Best Answer* to help other community member with similar questions in the future.

There are already community discussions on how to access user defined fields using API. Please refer to them.
If you still require help from community, please create a new question with specific details like what screen, API endpoint, field are you trying to access.

All the best.🙂

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved