Solved

API: Cannot get/update field on non stock items.

• 1 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I’ve created an inventory item and set-up all options/features to make the “NonStockReceiptAsService” checkbox visible in the UI.

Now, I’m trying to update this field via the PUT REST API call to no avail. If I inspect this element, it appears to be defined by the field name “NonStockReceiptAsService” but that is ignored in the PUT/update and it is not acquired/visible via the GET API call.

Hoping for more information about how to actually set this value programmatically as it only appears to be accessible via the UI (which is not ideal in an integration situation).

Added:

icon

Best answer by PorchlightZach 1 February 2023, 22:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you opened your API endpoint and populated the Sales Order entity to expose this new field?  I couldn’t tell from your message if you tried this or not.   

This can be accomplished in “Web Service Endpoints” (Screen SM2070PL).  Pick the endpoint you’re working with, select sales order and click “Extend Entity” if you have not already done this.  Once that step is done, you can click the “Populate” button and use the pop-up window to find your new field and add it to the entity.  You should see something like the image attached below.  I work with a custom endpoint, so yours won’t have the name “PBC”.

Alrighty. I think that got me down the right path. It was just not obvious at all regarding which object that field mapped from (was definitely a bit of a searching game). Good to go.

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved