Solved

"Unable to cast object of type 'System.DateTime' to type 'System.String'" on login page.

• 24 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Has anyone come across this issue when upgrading your customization packages from 2022R2 to 2023R2 when trying to log in to Acumatica that prevents you from getting in? I am not using any Nuget for this project.

The Customization Project has nothing to do with the login pages or associated business logics like User Prefereneces or General Preferences …

This thing is killing me and have wated over a full day on it. If someone has any idea or is willing to a remote I will be more than happy to send a Teams invite at their convenient.

This project has been working perfectly since 2020 with no issues.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 24 February 2024, 13:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I figured it out. It seems effective 2023 release Acumatica has done something that loads the classes which are decorated with [PXLocalizable] to be loaded and translated (I guess but couldn’t find any documentations). I have some date constants in one of these classes. The platform when loading, was trying to convert them to string and because of that it was raising error (still I don’t know why it should raise error). As of 2022R2 this was not the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @aaghaei!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved