Solved

"Unable to cast object of type 'System.DateTime' to type 'System.String'" on login page.

• 24 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Has anyone come across this issue when upgrading your customization packages from 2022R2 to 2023R2 when trying to log in to Acumatica that prevents you from getting in? I am not using any Nuget for this project.

The Customization Project has nothing to do with the login pages or associated business logics like User Prefereneces or General Preferences …

This thing is killing me and have wated over a full day on it. If someone has any idea or is willing to a remote I will be more than happy to send a Teams invite at their convenient.

This project has been working perfectly since 2020 with no issues.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 24 February 2024, 13:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @aaghaei!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I figured it out. It seems effective 2023 release Acumatica has done something that loads the classes which are decorated with [PXLocalizable] to be loaded and translated (I guess but couldn’t find any documentations). I have some date constants in one of these classes. The platform when loading, was trying to convert them to string and because of that it was raising error (still I don’t know why it should raise error). As of 2022R2 this was not the case.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved