Solved

Trouble Disabling Field from RowSelected Event

• 12 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello,

I believe the below code should always disable the BasePrice field on the IN202000->PriceCost tab. But it does not.

public class NonStockItemMaint_Extension : PXGraphExtension<PX.Objects.IN.NonStockItemMaint>
{
#region Event Handlers
protected virtual void _(Events.RowSelected < InventoryItem> e)
{
if (e.Row is InventoryItem row)
{
PXUIFieldAttribute.SetEnabled<InventoryItemCurySettings.basePrice>(e.Cache, row, false);
}
}
}

icon

Best answer by Fernando Amadoz 12 October 2022, 19:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @Leif 

For this requirement, code-level changes are not required.

You can do this at the customization project editor like below and deploy the package.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Leif 

In this case, the field that you are looking to disable does not belong to the main Form of the tab. It belongs to an inner Form instead:

The Data view of that form is CurySettings_InventoryItem.

You should adjust your event to use the InventoryItemCurySettings DAC instead:

protected virtual void _(Events.RowSelected <InventoryItemCurySettings> e)
{
if (e.Row is InventoryItemCurySettings row)
{
PXUIFieldAttribute.SetEnabled<InventoryItemCurySettings.basePrice>(e.Cache, row, false);
}
}

This will allow you to disable the field from the Graph extension:

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ahh yes, but I wanted to do it conditionally based on some other fields. However, I guess I could do it via a Condition in the customization area as well.

Irregardless what is the reason my method doesn’t work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Fernando Amadoz I see your post now thanks I understand.

@Naveen Boga Thanks again I have my answer. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Fernando Amadoz 

Setting enabled like I did initially silently failed. Is there logging output or other diagnostic means to bubble that failure up?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Leif 

There might be some info in the Trace section.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved