Solved

Testing Customizations

• 26 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If a customer has a Live and Test tenant what are the ramifications of publishing a customization in Test for testing and not in Live ?  

Is there any documentation that says you can publish in one tenant and not the other ?

icon

Best answer by kpopova 26 May 2023, 15:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dsimmerly i know in order to publish customizations in multiple tenants, you must select “Publish to multiple tenants” so if you are only publishing in test, it shouldn’t affect live, at least it hasn’t in my case

good luck!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Here is documentation about publication in multiple tenants: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(34))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d1afb862-c7fe-4257-9978-886c7b05746a

Badge +11

@dsimmerly i know in order to publish customizations in multiple tenants, you must select “Publish to multiple tenants” so if you are only publishing in test, it shouldn’t affect live, at least it hasn’t in my case

good luck!!

This is unfortunately NOT the case (in my experience).

Any database changes will affect all tenants of that instance, which isn’t necessarily a problem unless changes are made that you want to undo. That gets messy.

Also, during publish, all tenants will be affected, which means users will lose their unsaved work when they are forced to reload their session. This can cause frustration on their part.

It is safest to test customizations in a separate instance.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Customizations affect every Tenant contained within the URL regardless of which Tenant it is published to.  To test code, a separate Sandbox is required with a different URL.

I thought at one point Acumatica was working on overcoming this, but I haven’t heard anything lately.

-John

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dsimmerly 

only option we have is to publish the packages in both the tenant and completed the work in non-business hours.

Please find the below article on package publishing details

Userlevel 3
Badge

We faced the same issue.When we asked the solution we advised to use conditions inside every event handlers and DAC extensions.

if(PX.Data.Update.PXInstanceHelper.CurrentCompany==’your tenant id’){

//write your logic

}

After testing is okey you need to remove this part and publish to prod tenant.

But,As I assumed it’s not a permanent solution and it is wasting the time.

I thin Acumatica needs to work on it.

Badge +11

We faced the same issue.When we asked the solution we advised to use conditions inside every event handlers and DAC extensions.

if(PX.Data.Update.PXInstanceHelper.CurrentCompany==’your tenant id’){

//write your logic

}

After testing is okey you need to remove this part and publish to prod tenant.

But,As I assumed it’s not a permanent solution and it is wasting the time.

I thin Acumatica needs to work on it.

This pairs well with the IsActive property that Acuminator makes you add to every graph or cache extension. However, this doesn't alter how it changes shared resources. It only changes whether it's active or not in the tenants.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @darylbowman ,

What is your suggestion to overcome this issue. Is creating a separate tenant and do the all the customization in here and published to actual one at once?

Badge +11

No, my recommendation is to use a separate instance entirely. Acumatica is free to download and install. There's really very few downsides.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved