Solved

Stock Items Long Description - Default Text Formatting to Plain Text

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there,

I would like to default the Text Formatting (as shown below) to Plain Text but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it via any configuration.

I’ve looked into customization as well and confirmed that there are no such values in Customization Project Editor screen, and the whole thing is basically encapsulated under InventoryItem.Body. Is there a way to actualize this?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 12 March 2024, 05:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ericklasimin61  I don’t think we have an option to change the by default to Pain Text.

In Acumatica, the Rich Text Control is used to enable users to enter and edit formatted text within various screens and forms. This control allows users to apply formatting such as bold, italic, underline, font color, and alignment to text, similar to what you might find in a word processing application.

The Rich Text Control is typically used in fields where users need to provide detailed descriptions, notes, or other text-based information. For example, it might be used in fields for entering descriptions of items, writing notes on sales orders, or adding comments to customer records.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga Thank you for your response. This implies that the configuration will always be defaulted to VISUAL and there is no way to change it even by customization, am I correct on this?

The requirement to change to Plain Text is because the long description is being used in trade documents for most items. At times, the layout of the printed forms went haywire because of the incompatible formatting and converting it to Plain Text will fix the issue.

If there is no way to actualize this, then I do hope Acumatica will provide some form of control in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes @ericklasimin61  

We cannot customize this directly. However, if you wish to display plain text instead, you can implement a workaround by introducing a new field. This plain text can then be utilized in reports and generic inquiries.

Here is the link for your reference

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved