Solved

Show total of a grid column on top of a process screen

• 16 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi,

On top of Release AR Documents screen, I want to show the total  of a grid column . How do I do that? Can I do this by using PXFormula() or using RowSelected event?

Can anyone help me? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 18 July 2022, 08:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga Can you help please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @charithalakshan49  Thanks for reaching out to me, and here are my suggestions, and hope that helps.

• Adding a field in the processing screen and displaying the sum of the grid records is not recommended. In Acumatica no where we can see such behavior.
  • All these screens will run in the background and if we add such functionality, this may lead to performance issues.
  •  Instead of adding customization in the processing screen and you wanted to sum the grid column, simply you can create a GI with Total Aggregate function (Where it will show the sum of the grid column in the bottom → This is default Acumatica behavior.)
  • You can use below joins and create a GI.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga Thank you for the quick response. However, since the requirement is to show the total in the process screen, Is there any way to do that without using a GI?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@charithalakshan49  This is customization not recommended, still, since you wanted to go this customization. Here is the approach.

• Create a Filter DAC with Total field
  • Add Filter view in the Graph.
  • Add this DAC as a Primary View in the .aspx page
  • Modify the Processing View with the Filter DAC
  • Sum the grid column in the View Delete logic and display it in the Header Level.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga  I’m not clear about the last step in your approach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@charithalakshan49  You can refer below article on the View Delegate.

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2016/06/using-pxview-in-dataview-delegate.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga  I referred the article but I did not get the idea of it. Can you help further please?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved