Solved

Set condition for screen does not work

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello experts,

I am trying to force End-User must enter value for fields: Weight (BaseItemWeight), Volume (BaseItemVolume) on screen Stock Item IN202500

by using condition configuration as following:

• Set fields required: the default value is 0 because the field type is decimal, so I am able to save the record without entering value.

• Set condition value must greater than 0

But somehow I didn’t input value for these fields but still could save the record

Do you have any idea?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 2 April 2023, 17:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The Conditions you are defining and setting criteria is used in workflow to Enable/Disable or Show/Hide fields NOT for data validation.

For data validation you will need code-based customization (i.e. FieldVerifying, or RowPersisting). Zero is technically a value so platform won’t raise null value verification error. I am afraid you can not make it work without Code Customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @aaghaei thank you very much for your information.

it works fine with event handler RowPersisting approach.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved