Solved

Save before custom run report action?

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have added a custom action to the Field Service > Appointment scree (FS300200) to Print Service Order. Everything is working fine with it, except it isn’t saving before navigating to the report.

Is there a way to get the action to save the record before navigating to the new screen?

How it is set up.

icon

Best answer by sweta68 10 August 2023, 07:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @rmillerKimball ,

Within the custom action's code, before you navigate to the new screen, you can use the Base.Save.Press() method to trigger the saving of the current record.

CommitChanges = true attribute ensures that changes are committed before executing the action.

Regards,

Sweta

Badge +11

Have you added this custom action into a workflow? If you do that, you can set the persist options to save before running.

What @sweta68 said is also accurate, but it seems like you used the workflow editor to create that action, not code. You could also go the code route and call a save first.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @sweta68 @darylbowman for your responses!

I haven’t migrated it to code, so the first option isn’t an option unless I do so. Not opposed, just haven’t done it yet so a bit nervous…

For the Workflow option, same story. I haven’t got into workflows at all yet. I was just poking around in the customization and saw I could add an action for a report. Easy enough! I’ll run through the ACU University for workflows and give it a shot if I choose not to do the code option.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved