Solved

Sales Order Import Scenarios

• 11 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I am creating an Import Scenario that will import multiple sales orders and multiple line using a tab delimed csv file. 

I have gotten it to the point where it is creating the sales order and their lines. there is just one problem. it is creating the first sales order with all its line perfectly but from there on it always missed the first line in the sales order. 

I have created 3 sales orders with 10 Lines 

Sales order 1 or (241144) has 4 Lines 

Sales order 2 or (242111) has 2 Lines

Sales order 3 or (242130) has 4 Lines

Sales order 2 and 3 have one line dropped i renamed the Quantities of my line from 1 to 10 to check what the pattern was. 

I do a look up on the Customer Order number I suspect this is where the problem is but no matter where I move it to in the file the bug persists. 

Please see my screen shots attached. Any help as to why I'm getting this strange problem would be great.

Thanks 

Willem. 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 13 January 2023, 22:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The easiest solution may be to temporarily turn off your reference number auto numbering and rather than hard coding in <NEW> in your import scenario, include the system order numbers as part of your import file.  

It might be that either the first line is not properly saving or that the 2nd line is overwriting the first line.

Megan

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Give this one a try that I created using Auto Numbering. This created multiple sales orders including all the detail lines.

NOTE: the file needs to have Order Nbr. column but user just need to use the same number for the lines in 1 order. Then system can differentiate between different orders and uses the auto numbering sequence instead of the number in the file.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved