Solved

Printing an actual check for a customer refund in 2022 R2

• 10 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

we have installed PrintCustomerRefundPkg to print refund checks which worked fine,

but we recently upgraded to 2022R2 and it stopped working raising error below

i found that Acumatica updated the DAC Schema for CashAccountPaymentMethodDetail and stopped using the “AccountID” field, i updated the Relationships in the ar640501.rpx report to CashAccountID but it still didn't work

my assumption is that i need to update the subReport as this report show's the account & routing # in MICR font - which this data is in CashAccountPaymentMethodDetail table

any idea where i could find this MDMICR1.rpx report to update the Relationships? or any other solution?

icon

Best answer by nathantrauscht 25 October 2023, 17:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@yoelb we are thinking about installing this customization to make customer refunds via check more convenient. Did you find the fix?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You can open the subreport from within Report Designer to update the DAC relationship with the new field.

In Report Designer, under File/Open From Server, there is an option to “Load Reports List”. If you enter your credentials and select this icon, you can find the needed report from the list to open it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mbridges00 is CashAccountID the only field that needs updated? I am familiar with opening rpx files from the server. Just want to know how much needs to be modified before publishing the customization for use.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It will depend on the exact schema of the report, but that was a field commonly used on checks that was removed in Acumatica 2022R2.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mbridges00 we published the GitHub customization package and tested. Everything works as expected. We actually did not need to update any fields on the AR check report that’s included with the customization package. The only customizations we had to make were to the provided report, because we use a top check with bottom remittance and the one provided was for the opposite.

We used the customization this morning for a customer refund check we needed to process and it all worked perfectly (2023 R1).

I also tested the package in our sandbox 2023 R2 and worked perfectly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mbridges00 we published the GitHub customization package and tested. Everything works as expected. We actually did not need to update any fields on the AR check report that’s included with the customization package. The only customizations we had to make were to the provided report, because we use a top check with bottom remittance and the one provided was for the opposite.

We used the customization this morning for a customer refund check we needed to process and it all worked perfectly (2023 R1).

I also tested the package in our sandbox 2023 R2 and worked perfectly.

@nathantrauscht 

You used the customization from 5 years ago and it worked?

Userlevel 1

I tried to apply the same method for overpayment, but the print check comes out to be blank. The payment reference is not generated without printing the check and the system throws an error if I try to release the form. Please find the screenshot attached below:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved