Solved

Pre-defined Fixed values in Grid

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Experts,
I would like to know whether it is possible to develop a grid where there are some predefined values in the rows of one column of the grid and dropdown list values in other column as shown below.
Text A, Text B are the predefined values in the fields to be added in the grid and there will be an individual dropdown list for each predefined field.
The predefined values are to be made non editable in UI.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Django 10 January 2023, 16:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It works like that on many existing screens, e.g. Processing Centers, External Tax providers, etc.

Basically you’ll need to have a select delegate for the grid where you add the needed rows and you probably need fieldSelecting to populate list of dropdown values

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Does this SO question/answer help?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57861833/acumatica-dynamic-combobox-dropdown-list-in-a-grid-based-on-value-from-anot

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Dmitrii Naumov & @ddunn , thank you for your prompt replies. But I need a detail explanation with an example as we have n T200 guide. So can you suggest me some references on the same ?

The dropdown list values will be same for all the different values(Text A, Text B...) of rows

Thank you once again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I haven’t had to do this yet so I don’t have an example.  Further Google searches found this:

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2018/10/dynamic-drop-down-control.html

Badge +11

A very, very important and easily missed piece of this is:

• If your dynamic combo is in a grid, MatrixMode MUST be enabled in order for the options to be displayed

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved