Solved

Multi-Line Notes for Child Records - Ease of Editing

• 1 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Long story short - I have a form that has a parent record and on a tab a child grid.  In that grid is a “notes” type field that I want to be able to edit with the HTML Editor.

Example of this would be like the Activities tab on the cases where the notes show under the child grid.  The issue is that I really need it to be ENABLED right on the form.

I could put the grid into “form editing” mode and have it there, but then navigating between the records becomes a pain as the flow of what I am working on users need to be able to click through and review the child records and edit the notes quickly and going in and out of form editing mode of the child grid isn’t very user-friendly.

icon

Best answer by jinin 2 February 2022, 15:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JEFSMI 

Please try the below approach if work for you,

• Add a new field “Line Note” on the Document details grid level.

• Add a  LinkCommend “Note”  shown on the picture. 
  • when clicking the link,  Add a smart panel with a RichText field on the panel.
  •  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@JEFSMI this could be a late response but if you would like grid hight change automatically, possibly a better and more user friendly approach was to add a cutom string field (i.e. UsrMyComment) with max characters (i.e. in SQL VARCHAR(8000)), set multi-line property for it and in your grid set <Layout WrapText="True" />

see my below post for more information.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved