Question

Merging/overriding a grid between two customizations

• 3 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Picture this:  One customization package adds a custom UI tab with grid and underlying view via graph extension.  A second customization needs to extend it by modifying the view and adding a new joined column to the grid.

The problem: The custom tab needs added to the second customization package with a grid to make the change, and the result of publishing is that two of the same tab appear on the screen with different grid contents, because merging of a tab is problematic with the UI publish.

I understand that modifying the first customization instead of adding a new customization would resolve this, but in this particular scenario, the first customization shouldn’t change for one instance, but for another it should.
Any ideas for handling this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Does your second customization project extend the base graph or does it extend the first customization project?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Django, the second extends the base. Are you going to suggest that I extend the first one instead?  That’s a good idea, but I wonder if the UI controls will still need duplicated.  I’ll give this a try.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The tab is still duplicating on the screen unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do the tabs have the same ID in your two customization projects?  I’m wondering if they were to have different IDs if you’d get two tabs vs having the same ID and thus the merging engine would realize that you are customizing the same tab.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Django, I had that thought, too, but the IDs are all the same on both tabs.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Tony Lanzer were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Chris Hackett Have not resolved yet, no.  Will probably get back to this and look for some kind of workaround soon.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved