Solved

Mass Action - Multiple Actions - Single Action or Count Triggered?

• 12 May 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m triggering an action on multiple EPEmployee rows on GI ScreenId=EP2030PL.  The PXAdapter TotalRows = 0 on each action call, and for each Base.Employee.Current is obviously a single employee.  I would like to either get the row count on how many where triggered so that I can make an API call on the last one, or get an indicator when the last action is being called.

I’d prefer to get all of the selected Employee objects in a single Action on PXGraphExtension<EmployeeMaint> without creating a custom DAC and custom MassProcessing screen.  Is there a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by PSchirf61 13 May 2022, 02:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I don’t have much experience using Mass Actions on GIs but I suspect the answer is no or at least not easily.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want to create a custom processing screen? Going that route would make it much easier to run any necessary code after the completion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I agree with @markusray17 .

Going through the GI mass actions is not an easy path for that requirement.

However, let me challenge your requirement a little bit as well. What is your goal here? Do you want to sync employees to some other system? 

I need to send the selected employee records to an API as a group.  I’ll make a custom processing screen. I realized after posting that the selection was likely to be 100% front end, so grouping the selections was going to be difficult at best.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved