Solved

Is it possible to use a mailto: link in a notification message

• 7 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

When referencing an email address in a notification message, is it possible to use a mailto: link in the message? If I use mailto: in a link in the richtext visual mode, it prepends an http:// in front of it when saved.  If I edit as html, it removes the mailto: when saved.

icon

Best answer by Samvel Petrosov 7 July 2023, 23:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Putting a tag in the HTML editor works fine for me

<a href="mailto:samvel@iigservices.com?subject=Test&amp;body=<b>Test email</b>">Mail samvel@iigservices.com</a>

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for testing @Samvel Petrosov.  The difference is that in my case, the email comes from a data field and is not hard-coded.  In other words, href is “mailto:((<field>))”…

href="mailto:((Document.CustomerID.DefContactID.EMail))"

Update:  Actually, I just tried without the field, and it is still removing the href.  Try switching from html to visual mode and back, or try triggering the notification and testing the link in the actual email.  It pulls out the href and there’s no link in the email, or the link doesn’t work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Tony Lanzer got it. I just checked with shipping address → email and it works that way too.

<a href="mailto:((Shipping_Contact.Email))?subject=Test&amp;body=<b>Test email</b>">Mail ((Shipping_Contact.Email))</a>

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Samvel Petrosov You’re likely only viewing it in html.  Try switching from html to visual mode and back, or try triggering the notification and testing the link in the actual email.  It pulls out the href and there’s no link in the email, or the link doesn’t work.  At least in v21R2 in which I’m testing. I can try to see if it’s fixed in a newer version.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Samvel Petrosov You’re likely only viewing it in html.  Try switching from html to visual mode and back, or try triggering the notification and testing the link in the actual email.  It pulls out the href and there’s no link in the email, or the link doesn’t work.  At least in v21R2 in which I’m testing. I can try to see if it’s fixed in a newer version.

Yes, but if you save without doing that and trigger the notification then it will work, but that also means that anytime in the future if you need to modify the notification template you will have to start from scratch.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Samvel Petrosov That’s strange, since it shouldn’t persist again by just changing to visual mode and back to html.  I’ll try that, but still seems to be a problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Samvel Petrosov You’re right, it seems to work if I don’t change back to visual mode, but otherwise it disappears and doesn’t work.  I guess it must actually convert and persist without warning -- reminds me of the .aspx editor unreliability sometimes.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved