Solved

Is it possible to alter theme colors if the installation is not on prem?

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have a problem where the Side Panels text is too light to read.  We are using the Indigo theme and would like to continue using this as people are used to it.  I have changed the theme to Default and the text is readable again but we’d really like to use Indigo.  While investigating I discovered the Controls.css needs to be edited to fix this issue but our installation is not on prem so I can’t access the files directly.  Is there a way to edit this file in our case?

Thanks,

Phil

icon

Best answer by markusray17 20 April 2022, 18:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You can create a theme and include it in a customization package. So on a local installation you can create an Indigo_Modified theme and make any changes to it. Then you can include it in a customization package via the files section. Once you publish it on the live instance you should be able to use your new theme.

You may need to modify the files.list file on your local instance to get the system to allow you to add your custom theme to a customization project but I believe that is only the case if you are trying to modify the default theme. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the advice.  I will try that.

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ppowell have you been able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved