Is anyone developing Customizations in Linux for Acumatica Apps?

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am thinking of spinning up a Linux partition, and changing over to Jetbrains Rider as an IDE this year.

Has anyone tried developing Acumatica Customizations and running/testing them in Linux using an Apache Web Server as the app runner, and something like Rider IDE for development?

Just wondering...

4 replies

Userlevel 1

From my understanding, it appears that Acumatica is heavily integrated with the MS Ecosystem. I love Linux as much as anyone, but the design choice to remain in the fold of MS: on the front end- MS outlook integration, and on he back end: C#, Odata, and MS SQL Server seems to make sense because of how MS caters to enterprise use cases

Userlevel 4
Badge

Theoretically

From my understanding, it appears that Acumatica is heavily integrated with the MS Ecosystem. I love Linux as much as anyone, but the design choice to remain in the fold of MS: on the front end- MS outlook integration, and on he back end: C#, Odata, and MS SQL Server seems to make sense because of how MS caters to enterprise use cases

Yeah… It is tightly coupled, for sure.

Theoretically, of course, you can develop full .NET stack applications in Linux. But, I haven’t had the nerve (or time) to try. Maybe some day when I take a week off work and get bored...

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Nope. It is probably possible, but doesn’t seem worth the effort.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved