Solved

How to solve "version of the default workflow in the customization project is not equal to the current version in system"?

• 28 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We recently have a direct upgrade from 2020R2 to 2021R2.
After the upgrade, the customization projects show:

"version of the default workflow in the customization project is not equal to the current version in system"

On 4 screens, PO, SO, shipment, invoice.
However, if I can “UPGRADE PREDEFINED workflow” button, the system show error

1 time is : “The given key was not present in the dictionary.”

another time is “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

How can I solve this, thank you.

icon

Best answer by ray20 29 March 2022, 04:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20  As for now for the workaround I can suggest you to edit customization project manually. You need to create new customization project on 2021R2, add PO301000 screen there, and introduce any change in workflow. After that, export this project, open it in any editor and copy predefined configurations of new workflows to your old customization project. Then upload your fixed customization to the site, upgrade project again, if it is still required.

This is probably due to the fact we have introduced new workflow in 2021R1 and later and disabled old workflow and automation steps on most screens and forms.

Check Page 31 which can help:

http://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/21.1/ReleaseNotes/AcumaticaERP_2021R1_ReleaseNotes_for_Developers.pdf

In case you have any further issue it should be discussed with our Dev team and through a DEV support Request (Case)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@hkabiri  Thank you for your feedback. I will try later today.
However, can you help check whether my below steps are correct?
1, create a brand NEW customization projects in 2021R2.
2, Add the fours screen, like PO,SO with default workflow to the NEW customizations.
3, Export the new customizations out, open it in text editor
And copy the “default workflow codes” out,
And move these codes into the OLD customization, and replace its old workflow codes.

4,  republish the merged customization project.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@hkabiri  Hello, I’ve read the page 31 of the release note.
But I still do not totally understand how can I merge the New customization with my old customization.

Can you give me a little detail guide on it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello to anyone who also having this issue

1, create a brand new customization, do your modification on the new customization.
Actually, I did not do any workflow modification, never, I only modified some actions before.
The system might treat actions and workflow as a whole.

Never mind, 
2, Open your brand new project.xml ,
copy the whole blocks out

3, Replacing in your OLD project

4, Then republish your merged project.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this @ray20 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved