Question

How to open Folder Dialog in Acumatica?

• 13 February 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how we can opened Folder Browser Dialog in Acumatica. It doesn't seem to be able to use standard C# File/Folder browsing code. For example I would do something like:

string dialogPath = @"C:\Temp";
FolderBrowserDialog folderDialog = new FolderBrowserDialog();
DialogResult result = folderDialog.ShowDialog();
if (result == DialogResult.OK)
{
dialogPath = folderDialog.SelectedPath;
}

But apparently Acumatica doesn’t like it and throws exception. Any thoughts on how Acumatica opens the Folder Browser dialog?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Are you hoping to browse the Application server where Acumatica is running or are you hoping to upload a file from your local computer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I want to open local computer drives to “save to” / “upload from” (mostly interested in browsing local folders to save to files)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

See this example

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40364461/how-to-include-a-dialog-for-file-upload

Badge +11

I find it funny that @Patrick Chen is a ‘Freshman’ 😁

Cheers mate!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Patrick Chen @darylbowman 

In Persian mythology, when a phoenix ages, burns itself but from its ashes a new phoenix rises to live for another 300 years with all the knowledge and experience the old bird had gained. I guess @Patrick Chen  is the new phoenix although Freshman but experienced.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

haha, just fashionably late really :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I will test the Stackoveflow suggestion to see how it works hopefully in next few days as temporarily have postponed that piece of the project

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Patrick Chen @darylbowman 

I had a chance to test the method in the suggested link but it opens the file attach Dialog. See the below snip. What I need is to brows a folder ,select it and then save my file there.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@aaghaei  I think you’re bumping up against the limits of the architecture here.  Browsers are deliberately isolated from the local filesystem in order to prevent scripting attacks. To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am not so sure I am following @Patrick Chen . In Acumatica when we download attachments, we can browse folders, navigate where we want and save files there. There definitely is something but I can not find it and makes me furious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Circulating to top that hopefully someone can assist with opening folder browser dialog.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved