Solved

How to fully migrate the customization project build to a test environment?

• 1 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created a customization project with a new generic inquiry, new screen, popup window with a smart panel, new tables in db, and with a newly created report. Please take a look below. Now I want to fully migrate this customization project build to a test environment with inserted data. Please give me some guidance. Thank you.

Generic Inquiry view
New screen
Popup window
Custom report

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 1 March 2023, 16:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, if everything that you’ve build is in a customization package already, you just need to export it from one instance (by clicking ‘Export’ on customization projects screen) and import in in another instance (by clicking ‘Import’ on customization projects screen). Then you need to publish the customization package in the new instance.

That’ll transfer the GIs, screens changes, reports etc. to the new instance. What it will not transfer is data.

If you also want to transfer the data, you’ll need to use ‘snapshot’ to export the data from one instance and put into another instance. 

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=f2c286eb-e3df-4e6b-a0c7-a8dcedbee1d5

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Dmitrii Naumov, i exported and imported the customization project to the new test instance. 

Then I had to add the Proforma Invoice Customization to the Sales Orders work space as shown in the above figure as proforma invoice was not listed in a work space.

But when going to the Proforma Invoice the GI view is not functioning as before. After adding some data also it is not functioning. Can you give me a clue to overcome this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, the only reason I can think of is that you’ve not included everything that needs to be included in the package. 

E.g. you should include the sitemap node in order to have the sitemap changes transferred. 

Make sure that you have everything in the package. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Out of these two projects i needed to transfer the first one(ProformaInvoice) to the test instance. ProformaInvoice project is in a different extension library. So i went to ProformaInvoice project’s editor and exported the package as follows.

Other than these steps, are there any special steps to follow to export a package?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved