Solved

How to create a PXDBWeblink field?

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have reviewed the article (https://community.acumatica.com/topic/show?tid=7266&fid=288) that identifies PXDBWeblink as the way to create a custom field with an URL link to click.  I have also reviewed the website field on the customer contact page and the tracking URL field on the packages tab of a shipment.  But, I can’t seem to get it to work.

First, I created a custom field and publish the customization.

Then, I add the field to the screen.

Then in the data class, I changed the PXDBString(256) to PXDBWeblink.

When I publish the customization, the Stock Item screen looks like this.

It doesn’t have the icon to open the URL like the contact website nor is it a hyperlink like the tracking URL of the shipment.

I’m working in a local 2023 R1 instance and will attach the customization package.

icon

Best answer by Zoltan Febert 16 August 2023, 20:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You need to change PXTextEdit to PXLinkEdit in the aspx file.

<px:PXLinkEdit ID="edDefContactWebSite" runat="server" DataField="WebSite" CommitChanges="True" ></px:PXLinkEdit>

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@johnw51  Here is the example for your reference. Please find the DAC and .aspx example below.

DAC Field:

#region WebSite			

[PXDBWeblink]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Web")]
public virtual String WebSite { get; set; }
public abstract class webSite : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<webSite> { }
#endregion

.aspx page:

<px:PXLinkEdit ID="WebSite" runat="server" DataField="WebSite" CommitChanges="True"/>

Userlevel 2
Badge

Editing the aspx page was the step I was missing.  Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved