Solved

How to create a new screen just like the existing one in Acumatica ?

• 20 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear ALL,

Please help me how to create a new screen just like the existing one in Acumatica (Fastest way)
Example: Create a new Screen (SO.30.10.02 - Sales Orders 2) with the same data fields and features as the screen (SO.30.10.00 - Sales Orders)

Best Regards,

NNT

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 22 May 2023, 04:03

View original

3 replies

Badge +11

May I ask what the reason is behind wanting a second identical screen?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear darylbowman,

After having the second screen. We will customize this screen to assign permissions to a group of users.

Best Regards,

NNT

Badge +11

If assigning permissions is the only thing you want to do, I don't quite understand what the second screen is for, as in my thinking, you could just assign the permissions to the existing screen.

I was asking because it's quite easy to create a new site map record which points to the same underlying page, but functions somewhat on its own. However, if you want to make any changes to the layout, etc, I believe this would change the page that both screens are based on, and therefore both screens. I think you may be able to have separate permissions for different site map records though.

I believe you could duplicate the underlying pages with a small bit of work, but I believe they would still share the same backend code, and therefore customizing the code would probably affect both screens as well.

I'm sure someone here could tell you, with more certainty, exactly what the steps would be. I'm afraid my knowledge ends here.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved