Solved

how to auto pick the customer email when sending a report

• 21 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Like in above image we have created a custom screen for proforma invoices. When we click the print report button in the top right it creates a print report wizard as follows.

In this we want to email a copy of this Pro forma Invoice report to the relevant customer when click the SEND button in the top. But when we click the SEND button we want to auto pick the customer’s email address for the “To” section of the Email Activity section without picking it manually. So guys, can you give me some guidance me to accomplish this scenario? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by MinushaWeerasuriya76 23 February 2023, 00:45

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello @malintha ,

Did you try adding your report into the Mailing settings for Customer Class and Customers?

Userlevel 2
Badge

​Hello @laurabarber08, I tried to add my report as you mentioned before. My report is a custom made one. So when I going to add my report as follows it can not find. Can you please give me a guide, I can not discover what the issue? Thank you.

Badge +18

Hello,

Has your report been added to the Site Map?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @malintha,

When you click on Print Report → Send, the system utilizes the report mailing settings.

Hence, you will need to specify the data to populate the TO field within the report through Report Designer.

Please refer the following KB on this: How to configure the usage of notification templates | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Has your report been added to the Site Map?

Yes @Laura02 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @malintha,

When you click on Print Report → Send, the system utilizes the report mailing settings.

Hence, you will need to specify the data to populate the TO field within the report through Report Designer.

Please refer the following KB on this: How to configure the usage of notification templates | Community (acumatica.com)

Thank you @MinushaWeerasuriya76 .I’ll try out this.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @malintha,

Thank you @MinushaWeerasuriya76 .I’ll try out this.

Best answer is by @MinushaWeerasuriya76. I’m so sorry, I can not find a way to change the best answer selection by me. Best answer should be MinushaWeerasuriya76’s answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@malintha I fixed best answer😁

Userlevel 2
Badge

@malintha I fixed best answer😁

Thank you @Chris Hackett

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved