Solved

How do I create an import scenario to populate the note field on a custom table?

• 25 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The custom table includes the NoteID column.  It is available for users to populate manually on the custom form, however I don’t see the “Note Text” field as an option on the import scenario list of fields.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 4 April 2024, 19:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @lauraj46 ,

Are you wanting to use the import scenario for the screen name Invoice and Memos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AndrewBGL ,

Thanks for this but no, that’s not it.  The import scenario should populate the note for a custom DAC and corresponding screen that we created using a customization package.  We are probably missing a setting in the customization to enable this functionality, but I’m not sure what :)

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Do you have a screen shot of the import scenarios screen name and mapping?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AndrewBGL ,

It is a custom screen.  The import scenario works for other fields, and the note is available to edit manually on the customer screen.  We would like to map the Note field on the import scenario.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@darylbowman Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Badge +11

Fraid not, but I enlisted some help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I found the answer thanks to Acumatica support.  

Setting the NoteIndicator property to True on the Layout Properties of the form in the Customization Project form editor adds the Note Text option to the Import Scenario on the custom screen.

Hope this helps others.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community @lauraj46!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved